Home

Monday, January 17, 2011

Danielle

Danielle is my daughter.  She is being held in jail for a murder that was committed in Christiansburg, Va, even though she was in Richmond, Va with me and her children the whole time.  Her soon-to-be ex-husband was murdered by her boyfriend.  She voluntarily submitted to questioning and a lie detector test and was released.  The polygraph examiner called me at 1:00am to let me know that everything was okay and to "trust that everything was fine" and she was being released.  The next morning her boyfriend confessed to the murder and said that she was involved so they came back and arrested her on the word of a murderer.  Believe me, I was with her when she found out her ex was dead and she had no idea what was going on.  It's one of those things you just can see in someone's face.  She has always been a gentle and kind person too.  The media has portrayed this terribly, some even reporting that she was there and committed the murder with him.  He only implied to the police, once he realized he had been caught and his life was over, that she was involved.  I cannot believe the man, who was a Marine, not only took away my grandkids father, but now he is trying to take my daughter, my grandkids mother, down with him.  Just based on his statement, nothing else, she is being held in jail.  Instead of being presumed innocent until proven guilty, she is being held like someone that is guilty behind bars and in chains until she can prove in court that she is innocent, which she is.  I don't understand the justice system.  I am trying to raise money towards her release which is a lot.  However, any donation, even $5 will be helpful so that I can put it on her phone card to talk to people, which is the only thing keeping her holding on.  Please pray for her if nothing else.  Please.  I want my baby to come home and my grandchildren need their mother.  They already lost their dad.

1 comment:

  1. Keep praying. All things work together for good to them that love God ... (Romans 8:28) It's sometimes hard to remember when in such a difficult place but it is true. He is carrying her right now and CAN get her out.

    ReplyDelete